It would be really good to get a post in the Android blog regarding this.I
found out about the thread priority when coding my activity.

My twitter app allows  you to read stored tweets while it gets the new ones
+ pictures on background.

It was scrolling really bad (like SlideMe) until I modified the thread. I'm
not SO sure that made the difference but I can feel it scrolls better.

Ivan Soto Fernandez
Web Developer
http://ivansotof.com