> It's a fact of life, alas. Every piece of software is pirated. I just
> hope that most people think that 99 cents or a couple of bucks is not
> worth getting a pirated version.

Well said. Piracy will always exist. Our task, as a developer, is to
create something that is so good so that people want to pay for it.

Many developers think that people would pay for the application if
they couldn't find a pirate version of it. That is probably not true.
They are using it just because they found it for free. They would
probably keep looking for a free alternative program if they hadn't
found the "free" version of your application.