Definitely a good idea Fred, something else that I put into the TODO
list, thanks.
1.6 wasn't out when I was working the audio part of the engine, so it
never crossed my mind.

Also, I've been working on a game from the engine myself, and I've
made a nifty path following modifier, that will get take a sprite and
follow it smoothly (using natural cubic splines) along a series of x/y
points, rotating if it needs to. If anyones interested, it'll be in
the next update of the engine on the site in a couple of days :)