I personally have skipped about 75% of the apps that have come up in
my queue. Why? Because most of them are irrelevant to me. I can't be
bothered to try an app which gets public transit information in Paris,
tells me which direction to face when I pray, tells me when I am
supposed to pray, and the list goes on. Most of the applications I
have seen are poorly designed, half implemented, or even contain major
bugs which make them unusable. I had one app that was simply a Hello
World... of course that is not what the uploader described, so I
wonder if they uploaded the wrong APK. I had another that forgot to
include the one button that the application required (the one that
triggered the one and only task that the application had to do). I
have come across a few gems though. But overall I have been really
disappointed in the showing.

Note: I am judging these applications as a user only, though I suppose
being a developer might color my responses a certain way. I did not
get an application submitted because the bar that I set for myself was
higher than the apps that won ADC1. Had I anticipated that that would
not be the case for everyone else, I might have dedicated myself to an
entry.