I think there is a huge number of apps submitted in this contest and
sorting out the best is a huge work... that for once has been given to
the users ! This is a great opportunity for us, but it also shows us
that every app developer can't be the best.

The notes we have to give to apps are quite clear about what a winner
could be :
- it has to be an original concept
- it has to use the specific features of the android platforms
- it has to look good
- it has to be universally useful to all of the reviewers

Based on this, it's quite natural that applications that are not
working right, are too specifically oriented to a subset of the
population (religion, geography) will get eliminated on first round.

If most of reviewers skip 80% of the submitted apps, this is because
they, from the beginning, would not get a good mark on the "utility"
line.

I have really tested maybe a dozen apps for the moment, and most of
them did not reach more than 2 stars in every line, because they are
not working, are one version of a concept among a hundred similar
implementations, or because they don't answer MY needs. This is true
for every other revewers, and it has to be like this if we really want
to see emerging the real best apps. There is no place for poor apps,
this is a contest for really outstanding apps that will show all the
power of the android platform against the others.

So, even if after this round only a dozen of apps get high rates, I
think these apps will really be the ones that will deserve it and it's
allright !

It might be sad for developers who spent a lot of time in coding their
apps and do not get many reviews, but... hey, wake up ! this means
your app is either not good enough or too specific (and this does not
mean it is bad !).