I have an app that does some polling every 2 hours. I set a repeating
alarm that starts a service but I have noticed that if I use some task
manager (e.g. TasKiller) to kill my app then the polling will not be
performed from that moment on. I know this because I store the time of
the last poll, I have also checked the server logs and there are no
requests received from the client after I force close my app.
Is this the way alarms work or should I look somewhere else for a
crash or smth? because if alarms really get canceled then how should
we implement the polling?

I'm also interested in what happens with a running service  if it gets
killed from another app (I assume all task managers are using
ActivityManager.restartPackage() to kill other apps), does it get
restarted?