On Oct 13, 4:50 pm, Nicolas Thibaut <nthibau...@gmail.com> wrote:

> And the bad news is that others task managers are implementing
> autokill.... or Boot kill....which can made many apps crashing (if
> your app use an intents to another app...if this app is autokilled
> your app will never worl :( ...

I'm getting complaints from users about my app stalling - it's a clock
widget, and people don't like it when the clock stops. My best guess
is that these users have "autokill" apps running, and killing my
process disables the alarm that updates my widget.

I've been able to create a workaround (with updateperiodmillis), but
it seems like something of an arms race at this point. Some apps ARE
badly behaved and launch at startup when there's no good reason for
them to, leading to the proliferation of task killers, which can then
indiscriminately kill processes which the user DOES want running, and
the affected developers move on to other workarounds. Perhaps there
should be two levels of permission relating to other apps, stop/start
processes and stop/start alarms?

String