> Try an actual image type (e.g., image/png) instead of image/*...
I started with this approach and it didn't work.  However, see below.

> Also, if aFile is not on the SD card, the Photoshop app may not have the
> rights to access it.
aFile is most definitely on the SD card and the world has public
access to it.

Worth mentioning again since it has a lot of merit...
(BTW, if the Adobe folk are watching this thread, you might want to
update your developer page with a pointer to where people should ask
this sort of question for you to be able to find it -- here?
StackOverflow on a specific tag? Some forum in adobe.com?)
I picked this thread since it was officially started by Adobe and not
by me.

> Try a 'content:' Uri instead of a 'file:' Uri.
Once step closer to functional. =)
Using a "content" scheme brought up Photoshop.com Mobile, but I could
not figure out how to provide it with the appropriate path to the
file.
Variations on the Uri I constructed and failed to bring up anything in
the editor besides "An error occurred while loading the photo."
Uri theUri = Uri.parse("content://"+"pictures/download/sample.jpg");
Uri theUri = Uri.parse("content://"+"/pictures/download/sample.jpg");
Uri theUri = Uri.parse("content://"+"/sdcard/pictures/download/
sample.jpg");
Uri theUri = Uri.parse("content://"+"\"/sdcard/pictures/download/
sample.jpg\"");
Uri theUri = Uri.parse("content://"+"file:///sdcard/pictures/download/
sample.jpg");
Uri theUri = Uri.parse("content://"+"file:/sdcard/pictures/download/
sample.jpg");
Uri theUri = Uri.parse("content://"+aFile.getPath());
Uri theUri = Uri.parse("content://"+aFile.getName());
Uri theUri = Uri.parse("content://"+Uri.fromFile(aFile).toString());

Update: the Uri Photoshop.com Mobile expects is a content Uri coupled
with a provider of some kind.  Creating and running their example
program meant that for any given file on the SD card, I would have to
translate it into "content://media/external/images/media/97" or
whatever internal number the
android.provider.MediaStore.Images.Media.EXTERNAL_CONTENT_URI requires
for that file. I don't know if there is an easy way to translate a
given file to this internal int being used, but I do think that if I
wrote my own provider and supplied it instead of the default android
media store provider, it may work.  I think if I create such a
provider, it would take a path to the file as it's data path so that
the Uri for this intent could be easily constructed:
Uri theUri =
Uri.withAppendedPath(com.mybiz.myapp.myproviderUri,aFile.getPath());
Until I create such a thing, this editor feature is not very useful to
me. =/

It seems like such a lot of work on the developer side when it would
be fairly easy for Adobe to have included a "file" scheme intent
listener too.  Adobe, if you are listening, please update
Photoshop.com Mobile so that I can use a "file" scheme intent that
mimics the current "content" scheme, please. =)