> But i think that the Photoshop.com intent is designed with the idea
> that another app queries the *content-provider* for images (not the
> file-system)
If your app is a file browser/manager and the user wants to open a
file to edit instead of view means you only have the file in which to
work.  You have no idea what content provider supplies this particular
image since you aren't working with a provider, merely files on the SD
card itself.  The mechanism Adobe has currently for just content
providers is all well and good, but the additional one for file
schemes would be nice too. =)

I wonder if a file browser should incorporate a file content provider
specifically to handle such tasks.  *ponders*