Hi Mark,

I'm also using your WakefulIntentService sample. It works fine in
emulator (all releases of Android). It seems to work fine on many
devices (HTC Magic, Nexus One ...). However, I get "Force Close"
complains from some users everytime the Alarm goes off. Some are under
1.5 and other are under 2.1. Did you experiment such issue ? I don't
understand how it can generate a Force Close because I've used a try
{} catch (Throwable) in the handleIntent method.

Users are not able to tell me more about the issue. All they can say
is that the phone displays "Force Close" dialog evertime the Alarm
goes off. Using single Alarm (and set it after service run) instead
of repeating Alarm seems to fix the issue for these users.

Thanks for any help or advice.

Derek.