Derek wrote:
> I'm also using your WakefulIntentService sample. It works fine in
> emulator (all releases of Android). It seems to work fine on many
> devices (HTC Magic, Nexus One ...). However, I get "Force Close"
> complains from some users everytime the Alarm goes off. Some are under
> 1.5 and other are under 2.1. Did you experiment such issue ? I don't
> understand how it can generate a Force Close because I've used a try
> {} catch (Throwable) in the handleIntent method.
>
> Users are not able to tell me more about the issue. All they can say
> is that the phone displays "Force Close" dialog evertime the Alarm
> goes off. Using single Alarm (and set it after service run) instead
> of repeating Alarm seems to fix the issue for these users.
>
> Thanks for any help or advice.

Use Flurry, DroidDrop, or similar tools to register a top-level
exception handler via Thread.setDefaultUncaughtExceptionHandler(). You
should be able to collect more information about what is going wrong.

http://www.androidguys.com/2009/11/16/diagnosing-sporadic-errors/

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_The Busy Coder's Guide to Android Development_ Version 3.0
Available!