On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 3:13 AM, Kevin Duffey <andjar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So help clarify something to me if you ad guys don't mind.. if you just
> display an ad.. do you get paid? Or does a user have to click on the ad for
> you to make any money? If it's both.. I am guessing you get more money when
> they click on the ad?

This depends on the ad company.  With Greystripe you get money for every ad
viewed regardless of clicking.  With most other ad companies (AdMob,
Mobclix, Google, etc.) they have the more traditional approach of you only
get paid for clicks.  Payout per click and, with Greystripe, depends on many
factors including how many ads did it show before a user clicked, cost of
the ad campaign, etc.  No ad company will ever go into the details of this.

> What measures are in place to avoid "bots" from simulating users looking at

Again, no ad company will divulge the details of how to trick the system.
 But, they do have mechanisms in place to find this and in most cases
suspend your account if fraud is found.  Best case is to play nice and to
never, never, never, never you yourself click on ads in your own
applications.

Justin