With a 60K install base I could see $150 a day.   My figures reflect my
measly install base of less than 3K.

On the whole tax aspect I guess I never considered that my time and effort
as well as the cost of anything related to the production of the app could
be written off.    Of course I leave the taxes to my wife who's more capable
in that regard.   It will make for a fun tax time next year that is for
sure.

Wayne

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Warren <warrenba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just for clarification, did you really intend to type $150, or did you
> mean $1.50? If you really meant $150, great! But since other people
> report incomes in the single-digit dollar range, I thought perhaps it
> was a typo. Either way, it would be good to know.
>

> On Mar 31, 1:10 pm, Streets Of Boston <flyingdutc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > It is income, so you ought to report it to the IRS. The fact Google
> > doesn't send your income-details to the IRS (and it doesn't send you a
> > 1099), doesn't mean it's exempt from taxes... we can wish, though. And
> > who knows, the IRS may be able to figure it out when you get an audit.
> > And i think there's a $600 minimum limit before you need to report it.
> >
> > However, i think that for most of us, this is just a hobby. This means
> > that you can directly deduct expenses (e.g. computer, phone, etc).
> > However, for hobby-income, you can't deduct more than your income on
> > your hobby (e.g. for a photography hobby: deduct all of the costs of
> > your expensive DSLR and your nice lenses and selling just one picture,
> > that's not possible)
> >
> > BTW, i'm not a tax-man :)
> >
> > On Mar 31, 12:18 pm, Kevin Duffey <andjar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Wayne et all,...
> >
> > > read more »
> >
> > > I agree.. it would look strange that they are giving that much money in
> > > transactions to individuals, but where do we find out about this? Some
> of
> > > you are selling apps... what are you doing to deal with income taxes?
> When
> > > you signed up to publish your app, were you required to give some sort
> of
> > > business tax id, or your social and some other info so that they know
> who
> > > you are and can send info to IRS? Where is the info that explains this?
> > > want to be legit, but hey, if there is no process I don't mind not
> losing
> > > half of that 70% to the IRS. :D I already pay way too much in taxes.

> default to
> is to
> methods.

> transferring
> methods
> run my
> really

> Mobclix.
> user to

> that they
> mention
> should be

> doesn't
> apps and
> and
> taxes... as
> $1 for some
> handled? Does
> not clear

> having
> just
> money, and
> to keep
> so they

> so
> [...]

Writing code is one of few things
that teaches me I don't know everything.

Make Call Girl Manager great!
Join the forums.
http://www.fuligin.com/forums