On 04/29/2010 12:51 PM, Stefan wrote:
First day of HTC Incredible sales and reports about "Why the need for
storage card when the device has plenty of internal storage" have
already started.
Not only we have to deal with different resolutions/DPIs, and versions
of Android, now we have to also deal with multiple storage locations
too.

I guess this is the price to pay for having an open platform where
each vendor is free to define their own standards.

So what I'm unclear about is whether this storage is in the
same filesystem as where your app storage is? That is if I use
app-local storage (openFileXXX ()) does it use this storage or
is it somewhere else?

It sounds like they've got three possible places for flash (app
local, their largish internal, and an uninstalled sdcard)?

Mike

Stefan