It seems that Android is very buggy compared not only to the iPhone,
but to pretty much any other software. It's not just minor bugs either
- pretty much every developer will come across many serious bugs. Some
examples:

- When you run the "sdk setup.exe", the very first thing that happens
is that it informs you that it can't connect using https, so you have
to change the options to use 'http' instead. This appears to be a bug
in the .exe rather than any kind of user issue because the https url
works fine in the browser and this error seems to affect everyone.
Sure, it's trivial to work around (just do a google search and you
figure it out in 5 seconds), but the user shouldn't have to do that.
It makes it look unprofessional.

- When you view a TabWidget in the layout editor it crashes.

- Every time you run an app in the emulator, it starts off with the
screen locked so you need to press the Menu key.

- Various socket bugs (or perhaps all the same bug) related to
IOException not happening. Even something as simple as just trying to
connect to a remote host that is not listening will cause it to hang
instead of immediately returning an error.

All of these bugs have been logged for months (some by me, some by
other people) with no indication of any fix.

At the moment I'm just using the emulator, but I'm wondering if the
phones themselves are this buggy or if all the bugs are just in the
development environment and emulator.