Re: iPhone - Apple also has the luxury of controlling both the hardware and the software.

Don't know how much is involved in porting Android to various phones, but given that they don't have the same identical hardware, it's got to be a pretty involved process.

Add to that phone manufacturers each wanting to have their own software and hardware "tweaks" to make their product stand out.

Also, this is embedded software, and it's very different by its very nature. Despite this, Android teams managed to come up with an architecture that feels pretty close to a desktop operating system for the developers. This, I think is quite an achievement by itself.

So my personal opinion is - overall, it's a freakin' miracle it works as well as it does!

This is despite having run into a few issues that I hope will get fixed some day.

-- Kostya

07.06.2010 22:32, TreKing ?????: