I think that it's highly possible for a competing App market to make a
splash but it would have to come pre-installed on the phones. It could be
possible though for a company who develops one to pre-install it if they
make a deal with HTC for certain models of phones :-)

Perhaps just pick 2 of the latest phones and make a deal with HTC to include
it alongside the google one. Or perhaps HTC could cobrand (HTC store run by
xyz company).

--
"The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that
will allow a solution"

Andy Savage
Cell Phone: +852 936 34341
Skype ID: andy_savage