On Feb 15, 8:56 am, Olivier Perron <olivier.perro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The patch applies cleanly but.... there must be something wicked at
> some point: once I enable "USB Host" I simply can't find any "EHCI/
> MSM720" HCD option...

You need to disable usb gadget or usb function,
then enable EHCI HCD (USB 2.0) support
then  Support for Qualcomm MSM7201 on-chip EHCI USB

However there is a bug in the patch, having to do with pointer
arithmetic for the private data structure, which causes some function
pointers to be wiped in some builds, and as a result no USB devices
are ever seen.

Here's a potential fix - compiled but not yet tested (a cruder
workaround was tested last night to verify the mytouch HW)

In drivers/usb/host/ehci-msm7201.h

change to

static inline struct msm7201_usb_priv *hcd_to_msm7201(struct usb_hcd
*hcd)
{
        return (struct msm7201_usb_priv *) (((char *)(hcd->hcd_priv)) +
sizeof(struct ehci_hcd));
}