I don't see any sign of CONFIG_USB_ANDROID_SERIAL in my kernel
sources.  Which kernel branch are you working from?

I know some people are using the gadget ACM serial support in our
2.6.36 tree in the common repository on kernel.org, so that should be
working.  But it sounds like you might be using someone else's kernel,
in which case you would need to check with the maintainers of that
kernel.

Mike

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 10:30 AM, Geary <geary.sutterfi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to configure an Android kernel to support connecting the
> phone as a USB gadget using the CDC ACM protocol. I'm making progress
> in understanding how to configure the kernel for this, but it seems
> something new pops up every day. One thing I don't understand about
> the Android Gadget configuration is the difference between
> CONFIG_USB_ANDROID_ACM and CONFIG_USB_ANDROID_SERIAL. Can anyone
> explain the difference? I see that ANDROID_ACM compiles f_acm.c and
> u_serial.c, while ANDROID_SERIAL compiles serial.c and u_serial.c.
> (All of these files are in drivers/usb/gadget.) But I don't understand
> the difference. The comments in f_acm.c and serial.c both mention CDC-
> ACM. Does anyone have any guidance on these two options?

Mike Lockwood
Google android team