You're right, Mike. I didn't think of that. I'm using the kernel
source for the Evo from the HTC developer site. They must have added
CONFIG_USB_ANDROID_SERIAL. I didn't check it against the AOSP source.

Sounds like, unless they've introduced some dependency, that I could
get by with only CONFIG_USB_ANDROID_ACM. I'm going to try that and see
if it works.

Thanks for the reply.

Geary