I am not able to run android binaries on my 2.6.39 kernel but all others
work fine. I can actually boot a full ubuntu system on this kernel. From
what I can tell it is crashing somewhere in libc, not exactly sure where
atm. Using objdump -x the difference between working and nonworking binaries
is the "has entry point" flag. Both binaries are AEBI5. I tried removing
prelinking from android build, which did not help, and the problem also
appears with statically linked android binaries. All bionic libc up through
gingerbread exhibit the same behavior.

Ugh,

Jon Pry