I downloaded
GT-P1000_OpenSource.zip frmo the open source
It has --> Android  build.sh  GT-P1000_Kernel.tar.bz2
GT-P1000_Platform.tar.bz2  kernel  README.txt

I followed teh README

1. How to Build
        - get Toolchain
                From Code Sourcery site ( www.codesourcery.com )
                Ex) Download :
http://www.codesourcery.com/public/gnu_toolchain/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/arm-2009q3-67-arm-none-linux-gnueabi-i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.bz2
                             or
http://code.google.com/p/smp-on-qemu/downloads/detail?name=arm-2009q3-67-arm-none-linux-gnueabi-i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.bz2&can=2&q=

                recommand : later than 2009q3 version.
                                        Feature : ARM
                                        Target OS : "EABI"
                                        package : "IA32 GNU/Linux TAR"

        - edit build_kernel.sh
                edit "TOOLCHAIN" and "TOOLCHAIN_PREFIX" to right toolchain
path(You downloaded).
                Ex)  30 TOOLCHAIN=/usr/local/toolchain/arm-2009q3/bin/
     // check the location of toolchain
                     31 TOOLCHAIN_PREFIX=arm-none-gnueabi-
     // You have to check.

        - run build_kernel.sh
                $ ./build_kernel.sh

2. Output files
        - Kernel : Kernel/arch/arm/boot/zImage
        - module : Kernel/drivers/*/*.ko

3. How to Clean
        - run build_kernel.sh Clean
                $ ./build_kernel.sh Clean

4. How to make .tar binary for downloading into target.

        - change current directory to Kernel/arch/arm/boot
        - type following command
                $ tar cvf gt-p1000-kernel.tar zImage

and the  result is no further boot screen.

where do you want to point out.???You want to assist in this..would be
grateful .!
Rgds,
Saurabh

"..pain is temporary.....quitting lasts forever......"