I am trying to get a better understanding on ANDROID CFS. I have some
doubt on scheduler's behavior.
The difference between Android scheduler and Linux scheduler
Scheduler
— 5 files — The Android kernel also contains slight changes to the
CPU
process scheduler and time-keeping algorithms. We don’t know the
history of these changes, and the impact was not evident based on a
cursory examination.
Do you know which are this files?
If I understand, Process.THREAD_PRIORITY_DEFAULT or
Process.THREAD_PRIORITY_BACKGROUND are 'nice' value. How does Android
convert 'nice' value in 'timeslice'?
What is the initial value of 'virtual runtime' in Android and how to
calculate?
In Android, is 'cgroups' use to define scheduling classes? The
following application states: (i) Foreground process - Critical
priority; (ii) Visible process and Service process - High priority;
(iii) Background process and Empty process - Low priority; are three
scheduling classes ?
Thanks in advance,
Deborah