Yes, I've already included this:

include $(PV_TOP)//engines/player/sample_app/Android.mk
include $(PV_TOP)//engines/player/test/Android.mk
include $(PV_TOP)//engines/adapters/player/framemetadatautility/test/
Android.mk
include $(PV_TOP)//engines/author/test/Android.mk

So after uncommenting all the above, I assume that the player should
get built.

but may be i'm checking in the wrong folder for the executable....
(Only when opencore is built outside of android, exe's and libraries
will be present in the folder i mentioned above???)

may be i should check in out/target/product/generic ......