On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 12:18 PM, Sean McNeil <seanmcne...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There is a version of the WindRiver ALSA audio that uses unblocked I/O
> and will kick-start the audio if this happens. The real problem is that
> the ALSA driver usually doesn't survive well over a suspend/resume. The
> way to reproduce the problem is if:
>
> 1) Play something.
> 2) Stop play.
> 3) Suspend.
> 4) Resume.
> 5) Play something.
>
> It shouldn't allow the platform to sleep when playing, so if it is a
> suspend/resume issue you are seeing then this is the only way to
> reproduce it.

Yeah i was able to reproduce the problem. But, the basic underlying reason
of the problem is what i dont understand.
Is this because of the buffer size it takes or  DSP bridge not being
implemented.

Where can u get the version of the Windriver ALSA audio where the
unbloacking I/O
is being implemented

--
Thanks,