On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 12:35 PM, Sean McNeil <seanmcne...@gmail.com> wrote:

> naveenkrishna.ch wrote:
> >

> > On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 12:18 PM, Sean McNeil <seanmcne...@gmail.com
> > <mailto:seanmcne...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> >

> >     There is a version of the WindRiver ALSA audio that uses unblocked
> I/O
> >     and will kick-start the audio if this happens. The real problem is
> >     that
> >     the ALSA driver usually doesn't survive well over a
> >     suspend/resume. The
> >     way to reproduce the problem is if:
> >
> >     1) Play something.
> >     2) Stop play.
> >     3) Suspend.
> >     4) Resume.
> >     5) Play something.
> >
> >     It shouldn't allow the platform to sleep when playing, so if it is a
> >     suspend/resume issue you are seeing then this is the only way to
> >     reproduce it.
> >
> > Yeah i was able to reproduce the problem. But, the basic underlying
> > reason of the problem is what i dont understand.
> > Is this because of the buffer size it takes or  DSP bridge not being
> > implemented.
>
> It is the audio driver in the kernel not resetting properly. This causes
> the write to the device to block indefinitely and then buffers never get
> freed.

I am using ASoC omap framwork with twl4030 ASoC driver.
The buffer/period sizes are defined only in sound/soc/omap/omap-pcm.c
We have not yet implemented the suspend and resume yet.
I usually see the above issue when i try changing the media volume or trying
use the music player applications drastically.
I dont see any chance of suspend and resume activity in my case.  In this
case
how the audio driver gets reset.

Could you please consider to explain this scenario.

--
Thanks,
keep smiling...

(: Naveen Krishna Ch :)