naveenkrishna.ch wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 12:18 PM, Sean McNeil <seanmcne...@gmail.com
> <mailto:seanmcne...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     There is a version of the WindRiver ALSA audio that uses unblocked I/O
>     and will kick-start the audio if this happens. The real problem is
>     that
>     the ALSA driver usually doesn't survive well over a
>     suspend/resume. The
>     way to reproduce the problem is if:
>
>     1) Play something.
>     2) Stop play.
>     3) Suspend.
>     4) Resume.
>     5) Play something.
>
>     It shouldn't allow the platform to sleep when playing, so if it is a
>     suspend/resume issue you are seeing then this is the only way to
>     reproduce it.
>
> Yeah i was able to reproduce the problem. But, the basic underlying
> reason of the problem is what i dont understand.
> Is this because of the buffer size it takes or  DSP bridge not being
> implemented.

It is the audio driver in the kernel not resetting properly. This causes
the write to the device to block indefinitely and then buffers never get
freed.

> Where can u get the version of the Windriver ALSA audio where the
> unbloacking I/O
> is being implemented

It is being reviewed internally at WRS. There are also some minor
changes that need to be made to support Googles change of the interface
recently.