On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 2:41 PM, David Turner <di...@android.com> wrote:

> You will need to modify the build system to work well with
> TARGET_ARCH=powerpc
> (and I think it would be more reasonable to use TARGET_ARCH=ppc, but still)
>
> For example, you need at the minimum to write a file named
> build/core/combo/linux-ppc.mk
> which will contain PowerPC-specific definitions to be used during the
> build. This includes
> defining a set of default include paths for all compilations.
>
> You will probably need to write an AndroidConfig.h file, which is forcibly
> included by all
> compilation commands and defines a host of macros specific to the target
> platform. I
> don't remember where these are located, but there are already examples for
> a variety
> of platforms somewhere, they should be easy to find.
>
> Look at build/core/combo/linux-arm.mk for a valid example.
>
> Hope this helps
>

> On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 11:00 AM, ErikK <erikkout...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> I've done alot of research and work on Android to port it to PowerPC.
>> I've also searched this group alot and I believe I have done all the
>> neccessary work to port Bionic to PPC.
>>
>> Some details on my modifications:
>> - System Calls - I have generated all system calls for PPC using the
>> python scripts.
>>
>> - Kernel headers - I have found all 'used' kernel headers using the
>> script, copied these to the original dir, and 'cleaned' them.
>>
>> - Linker - I have written the few assembly lines for the linker for
>> PPC.
>>
>> - Arch-specific includes - I copied several which were in bionic/libc/
>> arch-arm/include/machine from openbsd/netbsd's PPC includes to bionic/
>> libc/arch-powerpc/include/machine.
>>
>> If I'm correct, now all is left is compiling and testing.
>> However, I instantly hit some missing files while trying to compile
>> bionic. (TARGET_ARCH=powerpc mm)
>> While compiling for ARM, all goes well. I think I have to define any
>> include directories in the makefiles?
>> If yes, where? I have searched in the build directory but couldn't
>> find anything about include directories.
>>
>> I tried adding the include directories myself to the Android.mk file
>> located in the linker dir, but ended up getting a few errors. As this
>> isn't the correct way, I prefer to do it the correct way.
>>
>> Any help or pointers are appreciated.
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Erik
>>

> > Hi ErikK

                i am also working on android porting on powerpc . but for
time being we have taken out bionic option replaced by glibc available on my
target paltform.i have cross compiled  dalvikvm for ppc but couldnt run it
because of seg faults. are you working on porting of whole android or only
bionic libc on ppc.please let me know......

Regards,
DJ