I'm sorry for the late answer.
Originally I was planning to completely port Android. However, I have
run out of time.
Currently I have taken all steps to port Bionic to PPC.

I used some of the following posts to attempt to port Bionic.
http://groups.google.com/group/android-porting/msg/df0d81612dcac4c4
http://groups.google.com/group/android-porting/msg/4a233f2bdee12597

When moving to cupcake (and thus kernel 2.6.25 to 2.6.27) I
encountered several difficulties.
For instance, for cleaning bionic's kernel headers, kernel/include/asm-
powerpc was removed in 2.6.27.
Also, bionic/libc/tools/checksyscalls.py script is outdated as the
unistd.h file moved in 2.6.27.

After following all steps, I tried compiling bionic. I encountered
several compilation errors.
I managed to fix most, until I hit a linker dependency: libcutils
(found at system/core/libcutils).
The file atomic.c defines the atomic operations. In this file, ARM,
x86 (and even x86_64) are supported.
The following define is also supported: #if defined(HAVE_MACOSX_IPC).

Currently I'm trying to keep my documentation up to date as I am
nearly out of time.