With the Cupcake release, by default we do software color conversion
in the video MIO. If your hardware supports it, you can override this
and use the hardware CC. This is the way it is done on the G1 and
other msm7k based devices.

In the release after Donut, you'll be able use a GL shader to do CC if
you don't have a hardware blitter. You'll start seeing these changes
being pushed out to master soon.