Hi Mathias,

>> HOWEVER, on the release after Donut, the copybit module won't be used
>> by SurfaceFlinger directly, instead it will be used as a back-end for
>> our software OpenGL ES 1.x and SurfaceFlinger will only use the OpenGL
>> ES API.

I have one doubt on the above statement.
You are saying copybit will be used as back-end for s/w OpenGL. Can we
pass YUV data directly to OpenGL for color conversion?
As I know YUV formats are not supported in standard OpenGL ES 1.x.
Where will CC be done in this scenario?
Sorry to ask you at the moment while this will be very helpful to
align our design with future android releases.

Regards,
MS