Does anyone know if there is a equivalent for code?

I'm working with some people on a Froyo port to the Archos 5 IT, which,
although it ships with Android, doesn't have the home, menu, and back buttons
so we've had to implement them in the status bar. In order to do this we've
needed some code changes to frameworks/base, so it would be great if someone
could point me at a method of doing a vendor overlay for the java sources (and
yes, I've tried including the code in the overlay file, and unfortunately it
doesn't work).

Thanks,

Al.
--

* Looking for Android Apps? - Try http://andappstore.com/ *

======
Funky Android Limited is registered in England & Wales with the company number
6741909.

The views expressed in this email are those of the author and not necessarily
those of Funky Android Limited, it's associates, or it's subsidiaries.