I thought you removed the whole hciattach starting from the bluedroid,
because you have USB device?
hciattach is for UART devices...

or you can have your init.c say hciattach -l for the hciattach service.
The important step I suppose here is ioctl HCIDEVUP.. so leave the
ioctl alone and try commenting hciattach, I guess that should work..

--
--Pavan Savoy