Hello,

On 31 Mag, 16:08, Adrien <ferre.adr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to use ppp in Froyo. I need some pointers on how to do this.
>
> What i know for now:
>
> === init.rc ===
>
> Need to add
>     setprop ro.radio.use-ppp yes
>
> service pppd_gprs /etc/ppp/init.gprs-pppd
>         user root
>         group radio cache inet misc
>         disabled
>
> Thing is i don't have init.gprs-pppd. I searched a bit and found
> several scripts but i don't know which one i should use.
>
> Plus when i try to launch ppp using /system/bin/pppd, i have this nice
> error :
> FIX ME! implement ttyname() bionic/libc/bionic/stubs.c:360
>
> and when i use /dev/ppp as the device :
>
> E/pppd    ( 1269): no device specified and stdin is not a tty
> E/pppd    ( 1271): tcgetattr: Not a typewriter (line 909)
>
> Any hints is appreciated

I'm using Eclair and following a different path: in my platform pppd
activation is done through RIL_REQUEST_SETUP_DATA_CALL request. I had
to customize the RIL library for that.

Probably your last error is because you need to setup pppd for using
the correct device and this depends on your platform (for example if
you have a modem connected through USB the device could be ttyACM0 or
ttyUSB0).

I suggest you to read the following page:

http://ppp.samba.org/ppp/pppd.html

Regards,
Daniele