Hamilton:

I tried your script and it seems i am lacking some stuff. when i try
to start the script from the command line (with /dev/YOURDEVICE = /dev/
ttyUSB0, the same tty i use for RIL), the command prompt tells me

nodetach: not found
lcp-echo-interval: not found

and when i try to remove those, then it doesn't find the other
arguments. What am i missing?

Plus i've seen on several forums that people use two tty lines to
access the modem: one for data and one for calls if i understand
correctly. Could the problem come from this? If so how can i setup
multiple lines on a single modem?

Thanks