Jordan,

I am in the same boat so I would like to hear about anything like a PAfD as well!

Regards,

Phil.

On Wed, 3 Aug 2011 15:13:45 -0700 (PDT), jordanleegauci wrote:
Hi All,
I am a computer engineering student and I have bought a cheap Chinese
Android tablet for the sole purpose to tinker with the Android OS.
Specifically, I want to try and custom install Android 2.3
(Gingerbread). So, the problem I am having is that I have not been
able to find a "Dummies Guide" to port Android. Where should I start?
What is the first thing I should do?

I realize this is an ambitious project, however I would like to get to
know Android better!!

Thanks all for your help,

Jordan

--