Hi,

Sorry for the late answer, I was working so hard on porting Lollipop.

Related to:
<<<
E/V4L2Camera( 1110): StartStreaming: Unable to start capture: Broken pipe
E/CameraHardware( 1110): Camera StartStreaming fail: Broken pipe
<<<
Several issues may lead to this error:
1. The video streaming channel cannot be established with the HW. (I2C or // data streaming issues)
   2. Ioctl functions are not correctly implemented.
   3. IPC failed between HAL and its dependent specific implementation.

Let's narrow down the problem and start with the driver level part:

a. Check if the V4L2's IOCTL are implemented and supported VIDIOC_STREAMON function. b. if all IOCTL functions are implemented then check within the (VIDIOC_STREAMON) function if the video streaming channel has been established with the HW correctly.

Please attach your V4L2 drive code here for review.

Hope this help
Chinda