Hi All!

I am working with Qualcomm Snapdragon820 Board and try to port a new
display. My board is APS8096 Dev Board  with Android 8.1 on it.
There is a Display Porting Guide by Qualcomm however for Snapdragon410.
Still very useful, easy to adapt for SnapD.820.

Still there are things that make me confuse :

*1.* Display/ Panel / Display controller ... They , all , are used
interchangeably  or in a confusing way.Not only in the guide but in some
other document by other vendors also .
 As I understand from the point of hardware
 Display = Panel + Display controller + Backlight Module (opt) + Touch
screen controller(opt)
 Is it right ? Are they also mentioned with these names in the
software-level /AOSP Level ? Is there a standart naming convention i have
missed  or am I right to be confused ?

*2*. *The main question* : *how to port display controller and touch
contrtoller  *

It is  clear that how panel settings (resolution ,color depth etc..) are
imported/introduced to the system (via device tree and header for
bootloader) .
However , also related to the first question , there is no clue  how *display
controller* or *touch controller* (it is relativly reasonable not to be
mentioned while it is not a mandatory part of display.) should be ported .

I have dived into the device trees and the kernel for existing display
related setting and find some entries and drivers for display controller
and also touch controller.
They shoud be also introduced to the system , right ?

Any clue would be appreciated .

Thanks and Regards ,
Elif