On 22-10-09 10:52, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
On Thu, 22 Oct 2009, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

On Wed, 21 Oct 2009, Koen Kooi wrote:

Make sure you have an up to date uboot and kernel.

   would the downloadable images here be sufficient?

http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/demo/beagleboard/

i was using the latest uImage (2.6.29-r44) but i was still using the
u-boot that was flashed with my C3 BB.  could that have been the
problem?

   as a followup, i copied the MLO, u-boot.bin and latest uImage files
from here:

   http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/demo/beagleboard/

to my SD card, power-cycled while pressing the USER button, the system
booted fully to angstrom,

What does the u-boot prompt say? If you downloaded u-boot recently it should say 2009.08. The kernel relies on u-boot setting up the pinmux, so having a proper uboot (not the ghastly one that comes with the board by default) is key.

regards,

Koen