Hello,

Merciadri Luca wrote:

I just booted with the live image
``Angstrom-x11-image-liveramdisk-2007.12-hx4700'' on my Hp Hx 4700. I
was really satisfied of the quality of this live image

Me too - it's good, but a bit old now.

encounter a major problem:
* My Hx 4700's Wi-Fi is not recognized at all by Angström.

I read everywhere on the Internet that there was no problem with Hx
4700's (apparently well-supported) Wi-Fi. Is there somebody out here
who encounters this same problem?

To initialise the wi-fi, I always open a root shell prior to configuring it with the network setup utility. I load the modules manually:

modprobe hx4700-acx
modprobe acx debug=0

On the 'modprobe acx' command, there should be a short delay, and the blue LED should light and wlan0 device should be available.

Lex