On Thu, 22 Oct 2009, Koen Kooi wrote:

> On 22-10-09 10:52, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> > >    would the downloadable images here be sufficient?
> > >
> > > http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/demo/beagleboard/
> > >
> > > i was using the latest uImage (2.6.29-r44) but i was still using the
> > > u-boot that was flashed with my C3 BB.  could that have been the
> > > problem?
> >
> >    as a followup, i copied the MLO, u-boot.bin and latest uImage files
> > from here:
> >
> >    http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/demo/beagleboard/
> >
> > to my SD card, power-cycled while pressing the USER button, the system
> > booted fully to angstrom,
>
> What does the u-boot prompt say? If you downloaded u-boot recently
> it should say 2009.08. The kernel relies on u-boot setting up the
> pinmux, so having a proper uboot (not the ghastly one that comes
> with the board by default) is key.

  i downloaded the images from here:

http://elinux.org/BeagleBoard_Zippy

and, using those mlo, u-boot and uImage, and the
beagleboard-demo-image rootfs, i now have a working eth0.  thanks.

  this raises a couple more questions, but they're related to the BB
itself so i'll take it back to that list.

rday