Hi Merciadri - and everyone else -

Merciadri Luca wrote:

Thanks for these informations, Lex. I will wait for another answer, as you
suggested me to.

The problem with these things is that everybody tries to understand how it
works, and that is a pity when there are some persons who *know* how all
these things effectively work.

That's very true, but I've found some more information and this is 'straight from the horse's mouth', hopefully:

The tool that you want is called 'make-bootbundle.py' and I've attached this to this mail (I hope that the list allows this).

Searching the web for 'hx4700 make-bootbundle' reveals some useful information, including this IRC log:

http://ibot.rikers.org/%23htc-linux/20071013.html.gz

I'm rather annoyed with myself for not having a consistent notes system, since I know that my attempts to make a live ramdisk failed, but I don't know why. ;)

Lex