Thanks Jan,

Unfortunately as I subsequently found out, HaRET can only be run from WinCE.
Since I no longer have WinCE on my hx4700 I can no longer run HaRET!

This presents an interesting question for Linux kernel development: what can it
assume about the state of the hardware, in particular the hardware controllers
integrated into the PXA270. If Linux is booted from the SDG standalone
bootloader then the hardware will mostly still be in the reset state. If Linux
is booted from WinCE/HaRET then the hardware will already be mostly
initialized. I hadn't been aware of this before.

Paul