That rings a bell... A while ago, there were "problems" with the NavPoint
because Linux set it up the wrong way. Maybe this could help? Try adding
this:

find /sys/class/input -name mode -exec "echo mouse > {}" \;

... to a startup script. Before adding this, my terminal was flooded by
input, and I could hardly ever stop it. Putting it into mouse mode seems to
help.

Let me know!

James A. Langbridge
Packetfury.net
-- L'urgent est fait, l'impossible est en cours, pour les miracles prévoir
un délai.