Randy Armstrong (OPC) <randy.armstr...@opcfoundation.org> wrote:
    >> Thats what i referred to in my prior email: We would need to understand
how to most easily duplicate the mutual authentication with certificates during
TLS connection setup with OPC TCP UA messages.:

    > OPC UA CP requires mutual authentication with Certificates bound to the
    > application rather than the machine. It provides everything that you
    > get from TLS.

Based upon my reading of the diagram, it is not obvious that it provides
PFS, but I don't think PFS is particularly important for BRSKI.  It seems
to support client certificates and server certificates, and that's enough.
We need an equivalent to tls-unique in order to properly bind the EST channel
to the UA CP SecureChannel, but that's all I think.

    > So when the Pledge Device connects to the Registrar or the Certificate
    > Manager using UA the Device proves it has possession of the Device
    > private key.

    > That said, the KeyPair used for communication does not need to be the
    > same as the KeyPair used to authenticate.

 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-