From: Michael Richardson <mcr+i...@sandelman.ca>
Sent: August 8, 2019 8:47 AM
To: Randy Armstrong (OPC) <randy.armstr...@opcfoundation.org>;
iot-onboard...@ietf.org; anima@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Iot-onboarding] OPC and BRSKI

Randy Armstrong (OPC) <randy.armstr...@opcfoundation.org> wrote:
    >> Thats what i referred to in my prior email: We would need to understand
how to most easily duplicate the mutual authentication with certificates during
TLS connection setup with OPC TCP UA messages.:

    > OPC UA CP requires mutual authentication with Certificates bound to the
    > application rather than the machine. It provides everything that you
    > get from TLS.

Based upon my reading of the diagram, it is not obvious that it provides PFS,
but I don't think PFS is particularly important for BRSKI.  It seems to support
client certificates and server certificates, and that's enough.
We need an equivalent to tls-unique in order to properly bind the EST channel
to the UA CP SecureChannel, but that's all I think.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+i...@sandelman.ca>, Sandelman Software Works  -= IPv6
IoT consulting =-