> I think so; there are some details of resale that BRSKI would like to make
> out-of-scope for the first document.  Some way, we have to deal with it, and
> I would actually like feedback from OPC about the parameters of different
> solutions here.

There are two things I would like to clarify:

1) As it stands today BRSKI is pull model only and the push model is out of
scope but I don't see why that has to be the case once you allow for different
protocols between the Device and the Registrar. With our proposed OPC mapping
we would define a Registrar that supports both models. Is this of any interest
to the IETF or would it be an OPC only thing?

2) Perhaps the most value from BRSKI comes not from the MASA per se but the
voucher format (i.e. a digitally signed document with a standard format). We
could meet a lot of our requirements if we had a voucher which has a list of
nonce-less or bearer vouchers shipped to a particular location for use by a
particular end user. We could create workflows where the
manufacturer/distributor has to create this document when devices are
delivered. The document could be delivered via the MASA or via some other B2B
exchange or even on a USB stick. However it is delivered it can then be read by
the Registrar and use it to build a whitelist of Devices allowed on the
network.

I am also thinking that this voucher would be a good application for block
chain where instead of a bearer voucher we define a mechanism where the owner
the device could append a "block" to the original voucher which authorizes the
transfer to new owner.