like I said, since you've put this into a role, "separating this into
multiple plays would be more complicated", so you're better off not
splitting it up and instead, doing what you were doing

copied from your earlier post (with the typo pointed out by Uditha
corrected:

In app_install_main.yml:

---

- name: install app and join systems to domain
  hosts: testservers
  become: yes

  roles:
  - app_install

  vars_prompt:
  - name: "ansible_sudo_pass"
    prompt: "Sudo password"
    private: yes

It is here where I am calling my hosts: testservers. Then in my
task/main.yml, I have:

---
# tasks file for app_install

- name: Install required nfs packages
  yum: name={{ item }} state=present
  with_items:
  - nfs-utils
  - nfs-utils-lib

- name: Create a temporary mount point for the installation files
  file: path=/tmp/app_install state=directory owner=root group=root mode=
0775

- name: Mount the nfs share from nfsshare.domain.tld
  shell: mount -F -t nfs -o vers=3 -v nfsshare.domain.tld:/share/location /
tmp/app_install

- name: Install app on test systems
  command: /tmp/app_install/apptool_install arg1
  when: "'testservers'in group_names"

- name: Join test systems to test ou
  shell: /path/to/domainjoin-cli join --notimesync --disable hostname
         --ou OU=test,OU=UNIX,DC=server,DC=domain,DC=tld server.domain.tld
join_account