--- Jon Eaves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> So, my advice is :
>
> a) show some patience on both sides
> b) let the ant-dev team take ant where _they_ want it to go and if you
>    don't like the direction, choose another boat.

I couldn't agree more with "a", but that second part of "b" ("and if you
don't like...") sounds a bit dismissive to me and seems counter to the
advice given in "a".  My recommendation for a "b" would be:

  b) Experiment some with the proposals that are already coded up
     and see if they'll do what you need to do, in a way that seems
     acceptable to you; if they don't, offer your experiment as an
     example of where/why/how it falls short and, if possible, offer
     suggestions on how it could be changed to handle your case.

I'm hoping to get a chance to do some "b"ing myself, once I get a little
free time.

Diane

=====
([EMAIL PROTECTED])