Note I've renamed this thread.

A while ago, I posted a pathconvert task that does exactly as you
mention.  I've since made a couple of changes to make it more flexible
and I'll re-post it later today.

All that needs to be done now is to allow a fileset to have an id.  I've
never looked at the code to see how that is done.  I'll take a look and
see.

So, assuming that the id change is simple, I'll post patches and a new
task that will accomplish this later today.

Peter Donald wrote:

> On Fri, 22 Jun 2001 03:59, Larry V. Streepy, Jr. wrote:
> > Brett Knights wrote:
> > > Wouldn't it be nice to use a fileset to produce a comma separated list of
> > > filenames needed by the current javadoc thread?
> >
> > Actually, I was just thinking the same thing (having been in the middle
> > of that thread)! :-)
> >
> > A good start would be to allow filesets to have referencable ids.  Then
> > the property task could take the resulting file list and stuff it into a
> > property, hopefully with a way to specify a delimeter.  This has
> > application well beyond javadoc.
> >
> > Just an thought I had this morning.
>
> Thats something that will probably be in Ant2. We used the term PathConvert
> on antdev to describe it. This would allow you to convert it to all different
> conventions: comma deliminated, colon deliminated for unix or unix layers (ie
> cygwin), semi-colon deliminated for win32, space separated for some tasks etc.
>
> No ones actually implemented it yet though - I am sure if someone was to
> offer a similar task for ant1 there would not be any complaints ;)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Pete

Larry V. Streepy, Jr.

970/626-5028 (office)           mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]